Tuesday 3 May 2011

and so to the North Moor

Out for a run on the north moor from near Shilstone Tor. Firstly over to Buttern Hill(201), again not on the original list, but a nice spot non the less and duely added to my list. Then over to Rippator or Rival Tor(140), got a little carried away and ran right over the top, not even stopping until I got to Watern Tor(30). I arrived a little confused, but on a checking the map I regained my bearings and spent sometime exploring the Tor. A little gem and one that I haven't been to for probably 20 years, but one that will be returning to in the near future with camera in hand. Then over to Wild Tor which I have already ticked off but going that way set up the fast run down to Hound Tor(47), then over to the less than impressive Little Hound Tor(48) via a nice little stone circle. Next it was up to Cosdon Beacon(11) which at 550m gives great views all around. The last leg was back to Shilstone Tor(162), in 25 years of walking on the moors the leg from the east to Shilstone Tor has been made numerous times, but one that I have never really got to grips with. Today was no different and drifted to far south before adjusting into Tor. I haven't been to Shilstone Tor since I re-ran my 35mile Ten Tors Route in 2005, with my friend Oliver Marner. Then I was an hour and a half into a 12.5hr epic! Yesterday my run was over and I was happy after a great run.

Shilstone Tor

Cosdon Beacon looking towards Yes Tor

Watern Tor

Watern Tor with Wild Tor in the back ground

Hound Tor

No comments:

Post a Comment